This assignment assesses your knowledge about OM and the implementation of its different
practices and strategies. Choose a product to introduce into the market. The product can be a new
re-designed version of an existing product, or a completely new product. You will be an Australian
manufacturing-based company. Develop a comprehensive OM management plan (strategy) covering
the following topics in the context of your new product:
1. Define the operational performance objectives your firm wants to compete with: There
must be consistency between your performance objectives and your OM plan (strategy)
2. Product design: Describe the different stages associated with your product.
3. Process strategy and layout design: What (manufacturing) process strategy and layout
options are more relevant for your product and why? Propose a process layout including
important indicators such as cycle time and number of stages.
4. Capacity and planning: How will you measure capacity, and what capacity strategy is more
appropriate and why?
5. Inventory management: What inventory management strategy is more appropriate and
6. Quality management: How would you implement a quality management strategy?
7. Supply chain management (SCM): What is an appropriate SCM strategy and why?
8. Sustainable operations: What operational strategy can you implement that contributes to
Specifically, explain each of the topics above and describe how can these be implemented for your
product. For this, a literature review is required, including academic material to provide justification
and academic discussion on why each topic is relevant and why is relevant for your product
(minimum 1 academic reference per each topic).
– Use Times New Roman 12-point font and 1.5-line spacing
– Use the MS Word default margin (Normal)
– Expected structure and contents are:
• Title page
• Table of contents
• Introduction – description of the product selected, justification of selection, and how
OM can contribute to its success.
• OM plan including all relevant topic and literature review (9 topics above)
– Word count: 3.000 words (The word count does not include cover page, table of contents,
tables, graphics, references or appendices).
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more