Policy Advocacy Project/Video Power Point Presentation
In this Video power point presentation, you will develop a policy advocacy plan to
change a policy, change how it is implemented or develop a new policy to address a
social problem. You will need to review information from Policy Advocacy Challenges
1.4, 3.1, 6.1, and 7.1 and use the information for your presentation. Your project must
take into account social work’s position on the policy issue, social work values, and
ethics. The project follows the outline of the policy tasks as given in the required text.
Your goal is to have a project that can be used to advocate to policy makers and other
stakeholders in order to bring about changes. You may use tables and figures to support
your presentation. The project should:
· Identify the key social problem that is the focus of your policy advocacy plan.
Provide the problem background/scope of the problem. Provide factual
statements on the extent of the problem in the past, current or future. You can
and should use the information from your annotated bibliography.
· What is past policy-Key legislation and milestones including significant policy
and funding shifts, major studies and so forth- that address your social problem.
· What is current Policy in the form of legislation, programs, and funding that
address your social problem?
· Then, you will need to identify a community agency that addresses this problem.
How do they address the problem?
· Identify the specific policy advocacy concern. In this presentation, you will need
to document the issues clearly and provide reliable and current evidence. You
may choose to use tables or figures to enhance your presentation.
· Discuss your advocacy goal and the objectives toward reaching that goal
The overarching goal of the advocacy plan will be to outline a specific
agenda for enacting change.
· Establish clear objectives, such as whether you wish to prevent a problem
from emerging or address a problem or both.
· Explain your recommendations and how your recommendations corresponds
with social work values, policy positions and ethics. You may want to refer to
Social Work Speaks for information on the policy position taken by the NASW
to assist in completing this section of your presentation. What is your rational for
new or revised policy?
· Clearly identify stakeholders and why you have included them as stakeholders
· Explain your strategies that you will used to advocate with each stakeholders
· Provide examples of tools that you will use to advocate for change with at least
two sets of stakeholders. For example, you may prepare testimony to present to
legislators. You might prepare a set of amended regulations to present to
· Assess how your recommended change will impact: 1) your practice, 2) the lives
of your clients, and 3) social and economic justice.
· What is the intended outcome? Review page 274 #4 in your book.
Your power point presentation can be complied in the order that makes sense to you. However, I
expect you to be creative. Your video power presentation should be 25 minutes (no more and no less)
and address everything stated above. As with all your assignments, you should use reliable
professional sources for references.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more