The Purpose and Context This assignment will help you develop your understanding of the managerial accounting processes and you will earn how different accounting methods create different pictures for a company given the same data.
Swipe 50 limited manufactures a specialized screen protector for laptops computers. The plus swipe is a screens protector that prevent scratches on laptop screens. The company has been in operation for 3 years and now that company has refined its production process, the directors have decided to focus on the income and cost arising from the activities. Therefore, the CFO, Tamara J. Blooms, wants to focus on product costing. She wants to look into how both absorption and variable costing affect the profits of the company. The following information is available for the month February and March:
Production (units) 12,500 14,500
Sales (units) 11,500 15,500
Direct Materials € 29,000 € 33,250
Direct Labour € 19,000 € 22,000
Variable Production Overhead € 7,300 € 8,500
Total Selling and Administrative Expenses € 44,500 € 57,100
1. Swipes 50 Ltd. production capacity 20,000 units per month. 2. Fixed production overheads are €28,600 per month. 3. Swipe 50 sells Plus Swipes at €22 each. 4. On 31st January,the company’s warehouse has noPlus Swipesininventory. 5. Fixed and variable elements(variable portion is incurredbased on units sold) are included in the total administration expenses.
Please create a report for 50 swipes limited and please include the following in your report.
1. Preparea profitstatementforSwipe50Limitedforthemonthof FebruaryandMarchusing:(20%) a. Absorption costing b. Variable costing
2. Reconcilethe profitcalculatedusing absorption costingto thatusingvariablecosting.(20%) 3. Explain howeachmethoddiffers fromthe othermethod and also explain the importanceof the eachmethods. (20%)
4. Explain three waysthat Swipes 50 Ltd. can improve its accounting systems. (20%)
5. State why managing accountingjobs are importantinamanufacturingcompany.(20%)
Requirements1.3,500–4,000wordswithAPAFormat2.Double-spaced(2.0)orOneandaHalf(1.5)spaced3.12 pt. Times New Romanfont4.Page Number (footer, rightbottomcorner)5.4majorsections:TableofContent,TitlePage,MainBody,Referenc
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more