Topic of assignment is to “Provide an analysis of the impact of the microeconomic and macroeconomic environment on a company of your choice. The assignment should:
1. Set out the performance of the organisation in relation to its main competitors/comparators from 2006 until 2019.
2. Use economic theory and data to explore the firm’s macroeconomic exposure, market exposures and its cost vulnerabilities, including comparisons with an appropriate comparator organisation or organisations.
3. What does your analysis reveal about the effectiveness of business strategy in your chosen firm or organisation especially in 2008/2009?
4. How well equipped is the business/organisation to withstand any further global economic shocks in 2020 onwards?
· Do choose a company where appropriate corporate data are available as are macroeconomic data from the country/countries in which it operates.
· Do include economic models.
Use Statista.com for research on market share.
The company to be selected is ‘Apple’.
Structure of the assignment is as follows:
1. Background to your chosen company
2. Its Macroeconomic Exposure: How exposed is your chosen organization to GDP fluctuations, exchange rate fluctuations, interest rates, etc.? What are the macro events that affect your business? Focus on what matters for the chosen business/organisation and show how its exposure to the factors you discuss affects its performance using relevant data. Be concise in discussing marco events; avoid lengthy descriptions and analysis of the macro events per se.
3. Its Non-economic Macro Exposure: These are factors or events that influence the macroeconomy but could be argued as not primarily economic in nature e.g. 9/11, SARS, natural disasters, changes in political leadership, etc.
4. It’s Market Exposure: This is where you shift from the overall economy to the market your firm competes in. What is the nature of competition? What is the degree of market concentration in your market? Are there entry barriers? Evidence for PED (market and firm?) Income elasticity? Has the firm been the subject of competition investigations or regulation?
5. Its Vulnerability and Costs: Consider the firm’s cost structure, and the implications this has for both product and input market shocks. Distinction between Type 1 and Type 2 variability. Has your chosen firm done anything/could do anything to reduce its cost vulnerability?
6. Protection: Does your business’s conduct and strategy protect it from external exposures? Is it ‘clothed’ or ‘naked’ in the marketplace? How does it compare with others in the same marketplace? Well equipped for 2020 onwards?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more