In this assignment you are a genetics counselor. You met with two parents whose first child has sickle cell anemia. (The parents show no signs of the disease themselves). The mother comes to you in the third month of her second pregnancy, and wants to know if this child will also inherit the disease. As a genetics counselor, you are ready to evaluate this couple’s case by doing the following:
1. Determine what the genotype of each parent is. Is this disease autosomal or sex-linked? Dominant or recessive?
2. Describe the type of test(s) would you give the mother to evaluate if the fetus is also carrying the gene for this disorder.
3. What is the probability that her 2nd child will also have the disorder?
4. Explain to them why is this condition so common in the African-American community.
5. Describe the type of mutation in the hemoglobin gene that causes sickle-cell anemia.
Write a report as part of the medical record that describes what you told the couple to explain the above five points.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more