This assignment will allow you to demonstrate the following objectives:
· Compute the net present value, profitability index, and internal rate of return for a given company.
· Predict the best choice for a company based on analysis of financial data.
· Compute a company’s WACC using given percentages.
· Calculate the cost of capital of a stock.
· Computer the after-tax cost of capital for bonds.
Instructions: Answer the questions directly on this document. When you are finished, select “Save As,” and save the document using this format: Student ID_UnitVIII. Upload this document to BlackBoard as a .doc, docx, or .rtf file. Show all of your work.
1. The capital structure for Mills Corporation is shown below. Currently, flotation costs are 13% of market value for a new bond issue and $3 per share for preferred stock. The dividends for common stock were $2.50 last year and have an estimated annual growth rate of 6%. Market prices are $1,050 for bonds, $20 for preferred stock, and $40 for common stock. Assume a 34% tax rate.
% of Future
Bonds (8%, $1k par, 16 year maturity)
Preferred stock (5k shares outstanding, $50 par, $1.50 dividend)
Compute the company’s WACC.
2. The Milton Company plans to issue preferred stock. Currently, the company’s stock sells for $120. Once new stock is issued, the Milton Company would receive only $99 (due to flotation costs). The dividend rate is 12%, and the par value of the stock is $100. Compute the cost of capital of the stock to your firm. Show all work.
3. The Dayton Corporation is considering a new investment, which would be financed from debt. Dayton could sell new $1k par value bonds at a new price of $950. The bonds would mature in 15 years, and the coupon interest rate is 10%. Compute the after-tax cost of capital to Dayton for bonds, assuming a 34% tax rate. Show work.
4. Farrah Corporation is considering two projects (see below). For your analysis, assume these projects are mutually exclusive with a required rate of return of 12%.
Cash inflow Year 1
Compute the following for each project:
· NPV (net present value)
· PI (profitability index)
· IRR (internal rate of return)
Which project should be selected? Why?v
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more