Food Safety and Food Borne Illness
Search the library for a scholarly article on a recent foodborne illness or outbreak. Provide a brief review of the article and include the approximate number of people affected, locations, food involved in the outbreak, and patient outcomes. What food handling practices may have prevented this outbreak? No internet websites will be accepted. Must be a peer-reviewed scholarly article.
Initial Discussion Response Participation Requirements:
It is anticipated that your initial discussion response should be a minimum of 250 words.
- Please add your total word count at the bottom of your post.
- Citations and references will not be included in your total word count.
- All responses need to be supported by a minimum of one scholarly resource.
- All questions on the topic must be addressed.
- Response posts must demonstrate topic knowledge and scholarly engagement with peers.
- Please proofread your response carefully for grammar and spelling.
- Citation and reference must adhere to APA format.
- Please review the rubric to ensure that your response meets the criteria.
Discussion Peer/Participation Requirements:
It is anticipated that your peer or instructor responses will be substantive and should be a minimum of 150 words.
- Substantive means that you add something new to the discussion, you aren’t just agreeing. This is also a time to ask questions or offer information surrounding the topic addressed by your peers. Personal experience is appropriate for a substantive discussion and should be correlated to the literature.
- Instructor follow-ups count toward one of your peer responses.
- Remember: Please respect the opinions of others, even if their views differ. In other words, disagree professionally and respectfully.
- Plagiarism is never acceptable – give credit when credit is due – cite your sources.
Be sure to post your initial response by Wednesday 11:59 PM MT and reply to at least 2 other posts per discussion question by Sunday 11:59 PM MT, adding to the discussion (see the grading rubric to meet the criteria to earn your discussion points).
Please see the list of approved resources under “Library Resources” on the Pages tab to the left.