Purpose: The purpose of this assignment is to respond to the reading, “2030—Ray Kurzweil’s Predictions or Bill Joy’s Fears?” in which Carolyn Mathas presents two opposing views about the future of technology and the impact of artificial intelligence on humans. Your essay will make it clear whether you are more inclined to agree with Kurzweil’s position or Joy’s position.
Skills: The assignment will support your skills that are critical in writing an academic essay, using source material (from our textbook only—no outside sources allowed). Refer to the Essay Rubric for specific grading criteria.
Knowledge: The assignment will also help you to consider the future of technology and the impact of artificial intelligence on humans.
Task: Follow these steps to complete this assignment.
1. Read Carolyn Mathas’s “2030 . . .” (374-376 in our textbook).
2. Decide whether you are more inclined to agree with Kurzweil or Joy.
3. Write a 1200-word essay that makes your opinion clear. Your thesis should present your opinion, using the language of an academic paper (no “in my opinion” or “I believe”). The essay should discuss why you agree with Kurzweil or Joy.
4. Use MLA documentation – four in-text citations and a Works Cited page.
6. Edit/proofread. Be sure you follow these general instructions.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more