Answers must address all parts of the question. The initial response to the question(s) must be a minimum of 250 words in length, and include citations and references appropriately formatted according to APA 6th edition. Copy/paste your question answer directly to the Discussion Board. The initial response to the discussion board question(s) is due Wednesday by 11:59 p.m. of each week. Responses to Discussion Question: Respond to at least two (2) other learners. Responses should add depth and breadth to the discussion, expand on the overall learning experience, and be a minimum of 150 words in length. Responses must be submitted by Sunday at 11:59 p.m. of each week.
Discussion Board: Read Chapter 3 in the textbook before beginning this discussion board.
Lamb, Hair, McDaniel (2019) states people usually base their individual choice of ethical theory on life experiences; and, depending upon which ethical theory a business person accepts may result in a variance of action. Review the four ethical theories in Chapter 3.
Research the Walmart probe mentioned in Chapter 3 on page 34 in the textbook, read the two articles included in this DB, and additional research on your own using the search engine of your choice then answer the following questions:
1. As an executive of Walmart, do you believe the company acted in an unethical manner? Be sure to provide a thorough explanation as to why or why not.
2. What would you have done differently in this situation if you were an executive with the company.
3. Corporate Social Responsibility is a business’s concern for society’s welfare (Lamb, Hair, McDaniel, 2019). Research Walmart’s corporate website to learn about the company’s social responsibility and provide an overview of this information .
4. Discuss how this company portrays the company’s social responsibility to actual involvement, “are they doing what they say they are doing”. Does the company have a Code of Ethics; if so, do you think this was followed.
1. Textbook reading – Chapter 3
2. Read the articles provided within the discussion board “Bribery Probes Involving Wal-Mart” and “Walmart Pays $282 Million to End Long-Running Bribe Probes”. Copy/paste the link into your web browser or select the article within module #1.
3. Review Walmart’s corporate website
4. Research one additional article expanding on the issue.
5. Include one Biblical reference pertaining to the subject matter.
6. Use APA formatting, be sure to include references for each including the textbook.
1. GREENWALD, J. (2012). Bribery probes involving Wal-Mart expand. Business Insurance, 46(45), 0021. Retrieved from http://ezproxy.king.edu/login?url=http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=bsh&AN=83777667&scope=site (Links to an external site.) (Links to an external site.)
2. Schoenberg, T. (2019). Walmart Pays $282 Million to End Long-Running Bribe Probes. Bloomberg.Com, N.PAG. Retrieved from https://ezproxy.king.edu/login?url=http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=bsh&AN=137547358&scope=site (Links to an external site.)