Exam One Long Essay Prompt: Please answer each of the following parts:
(1) Present and explain Bentham’s Quantitative Hedonism. Be sure to explain:
(a) what happiness is, what pleasure is, and how do the two concepts relate, according to Bentham.
(b) what is quantitative hedonism and how should we go about determining the amount of pleasure an act produces (if at all)?
(2) Present and explain Mill’s Qualitative Hedonism. Be sure to explain:
(a) what happiness is, what pleasure is, and how do the two concepts relate, according toMill.
(b) what is Qualitative Hedonism and how does Mill argue that higher quality pleasures are superior?
(3) Present and explain Feldman’s Attitudinal Hedonism. Be sure to explain:
(a) the two objections Feldman has against “sensory hedonism” based on Wendell and Dolores.
(b) what is Attitudinal Hedonism and how does Feldman believe that we can have pleasure without a phenomenal feeling? Also, how can attitudinal hedonism overcome the objections of Wendell and Dolores?
(4) How do empirical studies inform these views? Be sure to discuss:
(a) Kahneman’s studies and modified Quantitative Hedonism
(b) Gilbert’s Studies and which views of hedonism they seem to undermine.
(5) What are the specific objections that Haybron raises against Hedonism?
(6) Do you think that any of these views correctly describes what it means to be happy – why or why not? Critically evaluate. In answering this part of the essay, be sure to offer actual supporting substantial reasons* for your opinion, rather than simply stating that you either like it or dislike it.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more