Select six interview questions and type the questions and your responses. Your responses should be targeted to the position in the job ad and should include specific examples. Each response should take approximately 2 minutes.
From the list below, answer the introductory question, two general questions you select, two behavioral-based interview questions you select, and then the final question for a total of six questions and responses.
#1 Introductory Question
Introduce yourself to the hiring manager. Share your professional brand message. Explain why you are interested in the position you chose for this assignment and why you believe you are a strong fit. Share the value you will bring to this position and organization.
General Interview Questions (Select 2)
- What are your strengths?
- What areas are you working to improve?
- What motivates you to get the job done?
- Share how previous supervisors and colleagues would describe you.
- What do you see as the biggest challenge you would need to overcome in this position within your first 90 days?
- How would you rate your organizational skills?
- How do you respond to stressful situations?
- What is your greatest accomplishment?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Why should we hire you?
Behavioral Interview Questions (Select 2)
- Describe a time when you were creative in solving a problem.
- Describe a time when you worked effectively under pressure.
- Tell me about a time when you persuaded a colleague to see things your way.
- Tell me about a time when you had to resolve an issue with a coworker.
- Describe a time when you were forced to make an unpopular decision.
- Describe a time when you were disappointed in your own behavior.
- Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an irate customer.
- Tell me about a time when you were not able to complete a project on time.
- Describe a time when you set your sights too high.
- Describe a time when you delegated a project successfully.
#6 Final Question: After conducting research on the company for the position you chose, share one question you want to ask the hiring manager that you cannot find the answer to on their website or on LinkedIn.
Submit two Word documents by the Sunday deadline.
- A current job ad with a full description of the position requirements, not a link or a screenshot, pasted into a Word document and saved as JobAdLASTName.docx
- Interview questions and responses saved as InterviewLASTname.docx
The grading rubric for this assignment is listed below.