Assignment 3: Aesthetic Approach to Health Promotion Intervention Presentation (20 points)Aesthetic influences and shapes both physical and psychological feelings. Art is a process, a way of approaching life as well as an outcome. A clear link between creativity and healing has been documented. Throughout history, people have used pictures, stories, dances, and chants as healing rituals. Holistic approaches to health promotion that include an aesthetic intervention help to create and sustain health. See Chapter 7- Raingruber for guidance on types of Aesthetic approaches to health care. This assignment gives students the opportunity to be creative and develop a health promotion intervention using creative storytelling, poetry, cartoon, music, photo-voice, art, dance, or another artistic endeavor to influence the health of an individual, community, or population. Students will present the health promotion intervention using PowerPoint and Kaltura Capture. Please review Chapter 7 in the Raingruber textbook for further resources. Assignment Criteria: Students will use an artistic, creative, and/or aesthetic approach to develop health promotion intervention addressing the following:
1. Identify an individual, family, community, or population for a health promotion intervention that could influence healing, disease prevention, health and well-being, physical health, stress reduction, or improve health outcomes.
2. Determine the cultural considerations needed for the health promotion intervention.
3. Design an artistic, creative, and/or aesthetic approach for the health promotion intervention.
4. Discuss the benefits and challenges associated with the implementation of the health promotion intervention
.5. Develop one goal or outcome for the health promotion intervention using the SMART format (specific, measurable, achievable/attainable, relevant/realistic, and timeframe).
6. Identify if the health promotion intervention was effective for the selected individual, family, community, or population.
7. Explain the role of aesthetic knowledge within the nursing profession when developing a health promotion intervention.
8. Develop a PowerPoint (PPT) presentation in the form of a scholarly presentation. Earned points to 10% of the assigned points (total points of assignment) can be deducted from the earned points for errors in APA style [title page, introduction, purpose statement, level heading, conclusion, references, citations, and format], spelling, and/or grammar. Final Total
24NSG 5220: Health Promotion & Disease Prevention Online Activities and Assignments Summer Term 2021505.2.19; 3.20.21 MER9. Once the PPT is created, utilize Kaltura Capture to present the PPT. Follow the instructions for using Kaltura Capture located in Canvas under Modules then Kaltura Resources.
10. The PPT presentation should not be more than 10 slides (excluding the title slide and reference slide) and 8-10 minutes in length. Be complete and concise. Use bulleted statements, not complete sentences or paragraphs.
11. Use APA format for PPT, which always includes a title slide, a reference slide, and APA requirements. Resources found in APA 7th Edition Help Documents.
12. Include two references for this assignment. References should be from scholarly peer-reviewed journals (check Ulrich’s Periodical Directory) and be less than five (5) years old. Please use APA format on the reference slide and a hanging indent.
13. Submit the Kaltura presentation to the discussion board by Monday of Week 7.
14. If difficulty posting to the discussion board, use/try an alternative browser.
15. Submit both the PPT and the Kaltura to the Assignment in Week 7 presentation by posted due date. Include the following slides:
Slide 1: Title-develop a title slide. This should include the title of the presentation, the student name, and the university name. Use APA format (does not need to be in Times New Roman for a PPT)
Slide 2: Introduction-Brief overview of the PPT. Use key bulleted points not paragraphs
Slide 3: Purpose Statement-Develop the purpose statement utilizing the instructions above (use bulleted points)Slide 4: Identify an individual, family, community, or population for a health promotion intervention that could influence healing, disease prevention, health and well-being, physical health, stress reduction, or improve health outcomes
Slide 5: Determine the cultural considerations needed for the health promotion intervention
Slide 6: Design an artistic, creative, and/or aesthetic approach for the health promotion intervention
Slide 7: Discuss the benefits and challenges associated with the implementation of the health promotion intervention.
Slide 8: Develop one goal or outcome for the health promotion intervention using the SMART format
Slide 9: Identify if the health promotion intervention was effective for the selected individual, family, community, or population
Slide 10: Explain the role of aesthetic knowledge within the nursing profession when developing a health promotion interventionSlide 11: Conclusion-Include a summary of the main points covered. Again, utilize bulleted statementsSlide 12: References in APA format (please include in-text citations on slides). References should be in APA format with a hanging indent
Any citation style (APA, MLA, Chicago/Turabian, Harvard)
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.