The following information provides steps for you to follow in completing this Mississippi Statewide PGS Assessment as you will be evaluating the performance of a teacher using the TGS as a program assessment in EDU 65261—Instructional Dimension of Leadership. All administrator candidates from other Mississippi Universities seeking licensure in the state will be assessed using this same instrument. Please note that for the purpose of this assignment, we will only be focusing on Domains 1-3/ Standards 1-7 which relate to the lesson plan and observation as an evaluation of teaching performance for instructional faculty. Domain 4/ Standards 8-9 could only be assessed over the course of the year as it relates to professional behaviors of the faculty member.
Part C—Administrator Feedback to Teacher (DUE by Day 4 in MODULE 7)
After observing the lesson and reviewing all materials/ observational notes, you are going to compile a Summary of Findings and draw conclusions based on ratings and evidence you provided from the three (3) Part B submissions evaluating teacher performance for TGR Domains 1-3/ Standards 1-7 from both the lesson materials and observation. You will organize your findings by using by seven (7) distinct categories given below. Be sure to label your responses for each category and support your responses to these guiding questions with the evidence collected form your review (NELP 4.2, 4.3, 4.4, 7.3).
View the teacher video and accompanying instructional documents by visiting the Achieve the Core (https://achievethecore.org/page/2986/questioning-poetry-troetti). In this assessment, you will use the TGR rubric to evaluate the lesson presented by the teacher in the video as you script the actual words of the teacher. You will also use forms included in the MDE PGS/TGR Observation and Feedback Guidebook to assess and provide additional information about the lesson.
CATEGORY 1 ~ Lesson Feedback
1) Based on your review of the video lesson, what are two instances where the teacher displayed exemplary behavior? Include evidence/time stamps. What are two instances where the teacher might have addressed the class more effectively?
2) What probing questions do you have for the teacher? What things about the lesson do you need the teacher to clarify? Include evidence/time stamps.
CATEGORY 2 ~ Equitable Access
1) How did this teacher provide equitable access to educational resources, technologies, and opportunities that support the educational success and well-being of each student? Where improvements could be made? Include evidence/ timestamps.
CATEGORY 3 ~ High Quality Practice
1) Based on the quality of this lesson, should this teacher be placed on a plan of improvement or be provided with a plan of “next steps” to help a good teacher get even better? Explain your answer with evidence from your observation.2) Based on the quality of this lesson, what teacher growth plan should be used for “next steps” to help a good teacher get even better? Explain your answer with evidence from your observation.
CATEGORY 4 ~ Behavior and Other Supports
1) How do the lesson, lesson plan, and materials address or not address cultural, linguistic, learning, and other differences of students and are they inclusive of all learners? Explain. Cite evidence from the lesson.
2) How were multiple ways to assess student learning to address student learning, linguistic, and cultural differences? Cite evidence from the lesson.
CATEGORY 5 ~ Professional Development
1) What professional learning and/or teacher growth plan would you suggest for the teacher to improve his/her practice? For each suggestion, identify what is the focus or target?
2) How would you engage the teacher to continually reflect on his/her practice?
CATEGORY 6 ~ Collaborative Efforts
1) What short-term and long-term goals would you set for this teacher?
CATEGORY 7 ~ Assessment of Student Learning
1) What formal and informal assessment strategies did this teacher use to monitor student progress during instruction? How did this teacher utilize information gained from these strategies to direct his/her instruction? Include evidence or timestamps.
Part D—Assignment: Reflection Essay Comparison/ Contrast, Reflection of the TGR Process, & Plan of Action (DUE by Day 7 in MODULE 7)
Be sure to upload all documentation for Part D in both CANVAS and Tk20.
Once you complete and submit Part C on Day 4 of Module 7, Part D will be made available online (on Day 5 of Module 7). You must have Part C completed by midnight on Day 4 of Module 7 with it uploaded, so you can complete the PGS Assessment, Part D Assignment.
Analyze the scores that an Experienced Administrator assigned to this teacher from the document provided on Day 5 of Module 7 (sent in a class announcement) and compare his/her comments and ratings with those of your own.
Complete the Part D ASSIGNMENT by uploading all three (3) parts of the essay as follows:
ESSAY Part 1: Comparison/ Contrast with the Experienced Administrator Provide an analysis of your scores with those of the experienced administrator and: Discuss how your scores compare for Standards 1-7. . . Discuss how his/her evidence caused you to change your mind about how you evaluated the teacher and Why. . . , AND. . . Discuss how he/she saw things that you did not see and explain?
ESSAY Part 2: Reflection Provide a thorough reflection of the entire assessment process for measuring teacher effectiveness and the importance of teacher evaluation with effective feedback in improving teacher quality and student achievement and the effect of effective feedback on teacher efficacy and retention.
ESSAY Part 3: Plan of Action Using the knowledge gained from research, this assignment, and other course work, provide ways in which you will work collaboratively with your school faculty and staff to evaluate, develop, and implement the school’s curriculum, instruction, technology, data systems, and assessment practices in a coherent, equitable, and systematic manner. Support your position by citing relevant research and include references.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more