Choose topics that we have discussed thus far and: criminal justice
- Describe the characteristics of the elderly population in the United States;
- Understand victimization patterns for the elderly;
- Discuss the challenges elderly criminals and inmates pose for the criminal justice system.
- Define juvenile delinquency and parens patriae
- Trace society’s historical development of the juvenile justice system
- Discuss crime data as it relates to juveniles, particularly African Americans, Hispanic/Latino American, Asian Americans, and Native Americans
- Describe current social policies relating to addressing disproportionality of minority involvement in the juvenile justice system
- History of Policing
- Diversity of Multiculturalism in the courtroom
Using current events and or documentaries, films…explain your position on the event, documentary and or film. Provide me with a logical reasoning behind your positon. You are at complete liberty to conduct further research to help you formulate response. You want to be sure to support your view with evidence (real world facts, examples, case studies) Cite any work that is not your own APA writing style format is required for this paper. NO OTHER FORMAT WILL BE ACCEPTED Also, include why the opposing side is wrong and you can do so by showing biases, in correct statements)
You will not need to submit an abstract just a title and reference page. You will have a total of 6 pages (4 of actual research). Use topics pertaining to chapter and use quotes and paraphrasing appropriately, back up your views and opinions with research that supports claims.
Your paper should feature: (1) a clear thesis statement (i.e. “In this paper I will argue…”); (2) key ideas of relevant articles/books/ sources that you find; (3) a clear, well -reasoned argument; (4) conclusion that recaps the main points of your argument.
**First person is not allowed in formal writing
Grading Rubric- Research Paper
The paper contains a clear, understandable, thesis statement (0-20 points)
The author has consulted the articles/books that are most relevant to the question at hand, and also explained the central arguments therein with care and precision (0-25points)
The paper contains a clear, well-reasoned, careful argument (0-25 points)