ENC 1102 Module Three Discussion
Read this entire document carefully.
Remember the following about Discussion Assignments:
1. First compose this assignment using MS Word or a Google Document. Use spelling and grammar check to verify your writing does not contain typos, spelling errors, or obvious grammar errors. Write at a college level; vary your sentence lengths, use transitional words and phrases, and include topic sentences when writing paragraphs. Then you can copy and paste your work by replying to the Module Three Discussion.
2. Before submitting your post, consider submitting your writing to Expresso to improve the quality of your writing. Click here for directions on how to use Expresso.
3. Do not include direct quotes from another source in your post unless you properly use quotation marks and citations. If you plagiarize an assignment, you will receive a grade of 0 and possibly a failing grade for the course. All writing not in quotation marks and not cited must be your own. Review the Patchwriting document to learn more about avoiding plagiarism, and also how to properly summarize and paraphrase sources.
4. Finally, click here to see some of the most common errors on Discussion Posts. Such errors usually result in a reduction in the overall score
In this assignment, you create a Rhetorical Analysis of a single image from an advertisement. Specifically, you will answer several questions and post your answers in the Module Three Discussion Forum. In the same Discussion Forum, you will also respond to another student’s post. It is time now to apply what you are learning about writing and research from our text.
Locate a single image that advertises a product, service, or brand that was published within the last 12 months and that can be found online. To understand what is meant by a single image that advertises a product, service, or brand, review this blog post to learn more. And review this post on BoredPanda as well. Do not choose an ad from these two sources, so look for an ad that does not appear on these two blogs. A single image means one static image, not a video, not a gif, not anything other than an image. Then start reviewing websites, blogs, social media, anywhere online, to find an ad with artful, provocative content that will allow you to answer several questions.
Answer the following questions:
1. Consider the rhetorical situation, in particular the purpose and the audience of the ad you are analyzing. What is outstanding (good, bad, outrageous, noteworthy, unusual) about the ad? Paste the link to the image at the beginning of your paragraph. You can first save the image and then upload it to Imgur so that you have a permanent link to the image.
Write one paragraph.
2. Who would be the typical viewer or customer for this ad, and does the viewer need any special knowledge, vocabulary, or background to understand the ad?
Answer in 3-5 sentences
3. What is the designer’s goal in creating the ad, and what other information does the designer include that suggests their purpose? Go beyond simple statements such as “The ad wants you to buy the product” and look at the deeper reasons why this ad might affect someone’s ideas about the product advertised.
Answer in 3-5 sentences
4. How does the style and design of the ad reflect both the subject matter and the reasons someone would want to buy the product advertised?
Answer in 3-5 sentences
5. Craft an analytical thesis that identifies the pattern you observe or a decision you have made about the ad. Refer to Chapter 4-5a at the end of Chapter 4 to learn more about an analytical thesis.
Answer in 1-2 sentences
In addition, you need to respond to one other student’s post in which you add your own thoughts to one of their answers. Write between two and four sentences for this post.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more