ENC 1102 Module Two Discussion
Read this entire document carefully.
Remember the following about Discussion Posts:
1. First compose this Discussion Post using MS Word or a Google Document. Use spelling and grammar check to verify your writing does not contain typos, spelling errors, or obvious grammar errors. Write at a college level. Vary your sentence lengths, use transitional words and phrases, and include topic sentences when writing paragraphs. Then you can copy and paste your work into the Discussion by replying to the Module Two Discussion.
2. Before submitting your post, consider submitting your writing to Expresso to improve the quality of your writing. Click here for directions on how to use Expresso.
3. Do not include direct quotes from another source in your post unless you properly use quotation marks and citations. If you plagiarize an assignment, you will receive a grade of 0 and possibly a failing grade for the course. All writing not in quotation marks and not cited must be your own. Review the Patchwriting document to learn more about avoiding plagiarism, and also how to properly summarize and paraphrase sources.
4. Finally, click here to see some of the most common errors on Discussion Posts. Such errors usually result in a reduction in the overall score
To prepare for this assignment, first complete your MindTap activities assigned for you. These activities include reading Chapter 1 and 4.
In this assignment, you will create a Rhetorical Analysis of a review of a film, show, or series. Specifically, you will answer several questions and post your answers in the Module Two Discussion Forum. In the same Discussion Forum, you will also respond to another student’s post. It is time now to apply what you are learning about writing and research from our text.
Answer the following questions and remember to include the number of the question in your answer. Avoid writing in an essay format, and instead just put the number (such as 1) and then your answer.
1. Reflect on how a critical reader examines a text with a healthy skepticism. Drawing upon the strategies discussed in Chapter 1 and Chapter 4, what questions might be most important to ask when reading an argumentative text? Identify a specific genre of argumentative writing (such as an editorial, movie review, or position paper) and explain some of the questions you should ask as a critical reader.
Answer in 4-6 sentences.
2. Locate an in-depth article of a film, TV show, or online series (such as Netflix, Amazon, or Hulu shows) that you would like to analyze. Most news organizations and magazines regularly feature article in the Entertainment section of their publications. You can also search Vox, The Atlantic, TIME, VICE, and a number of other online publications that will include film and tv analysis. An in-depth article will include multiple paragraphs and give a detailed analysis of the film or show with insights and opinions, so avoid a simple, standard review you might find on Rotten Tomatoes, and instead search for an article that constructs an argument about the film and analyzes it beyond stating basic facts. What information does this review include, and what features cue you in to the fact that this is a review of a film, show, or series? Paste the link at the beginning of your paragraph.
Answer in one paragraph that includes 4-6 sentences
3. Who would be the typical reader, and does the reader need any special knowledge, vocabulary, or background to understand this review?
Answer in 3-5 sentences
4. What is the writer’s goal in this review, and what other information does the writer include that suggests their purpose in writing this review?
Answer in 3-5 sentences
5. How would you describe the reviewer’s voice? How does the voice reflect both the subject matter and the reasons someone would want to watch this film or show?
Answer in 3-5 sentences
6. Craft an analytical thesis that identifies the pattern you observe or a decision you have made about the text. Refer to Chapter 4-5a at the end of Chapter 4 to learn more about an analytical thesis.
Answer in 1-2 sentences
In addition, you need to respond to one other student’s post in which you add your own thoughts to one of their answers. Write between two and four sentences for this post.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more