Write a 2,000-word paper that applies, reflects, and synthesizes the following questions:
1. What does Keller mean when he claims that work is intended for both “cultivation” and for “service?” Why are both purposes critical for us to consider as Christian business practitioners and academics? Especially relative to HR?
2. Hardy provides a quote from the Apocrypha (Ecclesiaticus or Sirach 38:34, NOT canonized as part of the protestant Bible) as introductory to his book, and the title of his book is pulled directly from this quote. How does this quote, along with Genesis 1:27-28 from the protestant Bible, provoke Christian worldview thinking regarding HR as a key focus for any business organization?
3. Analyze and assess 2 or 3 differences between a traditional/administrative view of HR and a contemporary/strategic view of HR. How does Christian worldview thinking apply here?
4. Delineate 3 or 4 key ways that Equal Employment Opportunity and Labor/Union Management statutes (Valentine chapters 3 and 15) inform HR practice. How does Christian worldview illumine both the inherent “righteousness” of, and the pragmatic “necessity” of, EEO and labor/Union Management statutes?
Required Sources (Scholarly Journal Articles and HBR article are attached as PDF files) APA 7 Format
You must use the course texts as well as articles from scholarly and practitioner journals. Be sure to use current APA format, and include in-text citations for the following sources:
· At least 2 citations from Valentine (2020).
Valentine, S. R., Meglich, P. A., Mathis, R. L., & Jackson, J. H. (2020). Human resource management (16th ed.). Cengage Learning, Inc.
In-text Citation: (Valentine et al., 2020)
· At least 2 citations from Hardy (1990).
Hardy, L. (1990). The fabric of this world: Inquiries into calling, career choice, and the design of human work. William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. In-text Citation: (Hardy, 1990)
· At least 2 citations from Keller (2012).
Keller, T., & Alsdorf, K. (2012). Every good endeavor: Connecting your work to God’s work. Penguin.
In-text Citation: (Keller & Alsdorf, 2012)
· At least 3 citations from related scholarly journals (e.g. Human Resource Development Quarterly, Human Resource Development Review, Human Resource Management Journal, Journal of Applied Psychology, Journal of Strategic Human Resource Management, Journal of Biblical Integration in Business, Christian Scholars Review)
1. Obedgiu, V. (2017). Human resource management, historical perspectives, evolution and professional development. Journal of Management Development, 36(8), 986- 990. https://doi.org/10.1108/jmd-12-2016-0267
In-text Citation: (Obedgiu, 2017)
2. Batt, R., & Banerjee, M. (2012). The scope and trajectory of strategic HR research: Evidence from American and British journals. The International Journal of Human Resource Management, 23(9), 1739-1762. https://doi.org/10.1080/09585192.2011.610933
In-text Citation: (Batt & Banerjee, 2012)
3. Ogbonna, E. (2019). The uneasy alliance of organisational culture and equal opportunities for ethnic minority groups: A British example. Human Resource Management Journal, 29(3), 309-327. https://doi.org/10.1111/1748-8583.12227
In-text Citation: (Ogbonna, 2019)
4. Héliot, Y., Gleibs, I. H., Coyle, A., Rousseau, D. M., & Rojon, C. (2019). Religious identity in the workplace: A systematic review, research agenda, and practical implications. Human Resource Management, 59(2), 153-173. https://doi.org/10.1002/hrm.21983
In-text Citation: (Héliot et al., 2019)
· At least 1 citation from a related trade/practitioner publication (e.g. Harvard Business Review, HR Magazine, T&D Magazine, Business Week, Wall Street Journal).
1. Charan, R., Barton, D., & Carey, D. (2015, July). People before strategy: A new role for the CHRO. Harvard Business Review, 93(7-8), 62-71.
In-text Citation: (Charan et al., 2015)
Note: Your assignment will be checked for originality via the Turnitin plagiarism tool.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more