Discussion: Therapeutic care of women
For every 1 hour in a theory class, it is expected that students complete 2–3 hours of study in preparation for class. For this course, it is expected that a minimum of 10–15 hours of study outside of class is completed each week. Please check your Student Portal for specific class meeting times, dates, and locations.
In some courses, there is a required online Blackboard Collaborate Virtual Class Session in week 10. Please see course specifics below.
You are not required to complete any pre-work before Week 1, however, preparation for class is recommended.
Course Description This course focuses on nursing concepts in the therapeutic care of women, mothers, infants, children, adolescents, and their families. Concepts include major health promotion and disease prevention, nursing process, therapeutic communication, evidence-based practice, teaching/learning principles, and role development in the care of women, infants and children, and families.
Total Course Credits:
Total Course Hours:
Lecture Hours In-Class:
Supervised Clinical/Practicum Hours:
Requisites Course Prerequisites: NURS 120 and NURS 121L Course Corequisites: NURS 316L
Course Learning Outcomes 1. Interpret how the Healthy People 2020 Objectives and other major health promotion and disease prevention concepts will improve
the health and welfare of women, newborns, and families. 2. Discuss current issues regarding women’s health care as they transition through the life cycle. 3. Describe significant aspects of human sexuality and reproduction and apply this knowledge in planning nursing care and
comprehensive teaching plans for individuals and families throughout the life cycle.
WCU Miami · College of Nursing
NURS 306 Expanding Family and Community (OB) 202101SPI VR-D01 202101SPI 2021 Section 01/25/2021 to 04/04/2021 Modified 01/11/2021
1 of 22
4. Analyze the physiologic and psychosocial aspects of uncomplicated and complicated pregnancy from conception to postpartum and plan appropriate nursing interventions for actual and potential self-care demands for each stage.
5. Discuss and apply the nursing process to the obstetrical patient and neonates suffering from a variety of acute and chronic disease states, assessing health deviations, developing expected outcomes, and identifying and validating the effectiveness of nursing interventions.
6. Incorporate evidence-based nursing research from a variety of sources including pharmaceutical, biological, psychosocial, and behavioral sciences in the nursing process when planning care for women, newborns, and families.
7. Evaluate the impact of cultural, ethical, legal, gender, and economic issues related to health care of women, newborns, and their families.
8. Describe nutritional requirements for newborns and for women throughout the life cycle, with emphasis on pregnant, breastfeeding, and post-menopausal women, and plan nursing interventions for actual and potential nutritional deficits for selected patients.
9. Identify and explore the role of the nurse as provider, manager, and coordinator of therapeutic care for women, newborns, and their families.
10. Identify community resources and referrals appropriate for childbearing women, newborns, and families; with particular attention to families facing major health problems and special health care needs.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more