NR512 Healthcare technology news on CPOE
This assignment is designed to help students
· Develop an appreciation for informatics, basic skills and knowledge required in practice settings. Students will select a “hot” or popular topic of particular interest to their practice to discuss. The topic will be selected from the website using the link provided in the course Assignments section.
Visit the following site http://www.fiercehealthcare.com/it (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. (explore healthcare technology news on CPOE, EMRs, E-prescribing, HIE, PHRs, HIT stimulus, and other health IT news)
Visit the following site www.fierceemr.com (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. (this site contains weekly newsletter on EMRs, meaningful use, ARRA and privacy. Select 1 of 5 Topics/Popular Content of the Week to use in the weekly discussions)
Students will login to FierceEMR and FierceHealthIT using the link provided in the reading assignment module for Week 5 and select a “current/popular” topic of the week that may impact their practice. Students, in a professionally developed paper, will discuss the rationale for choosing the topic, how it will impact practice in a positive or negative manner, citing pros and cons. Include a discussion of how informatics skills and knowledge were used in the process relevance to developing the assignment. In the conclusion, provide recommendations for the future. Submit completed FierceHealthIT Topic paper for Wk. 5 to dropbox by end of Week 5.
1. The FierceEMR and FierceHealthIT Current/Popular Topic of the Week assignment must be a professional, scholarly prepared paper. See the guidelines for writing a professional, scholarly paper in the Course Resources. The professional paper will have an introduction, body of paper to explain what you are doing, summary/conclusion, and at least three scholarly references.
2. Required texts may be used as references, but a minimum of three sources must be from outside of course readings.
3. All aspects of the paper must be in APA format as expressed in the 6th edition.
4. The paper (excluding the title page, introduction and reference page) is 4-6 pages in length.
5. Ideas and information from professional sources must be cited correctly.
6. Grammar, spelling, punctuation, and citations are consistent with formal academic writing.NR512 Healthcare technology news on CPOE
|Introduction||20||11.4||Introduction presents a brief overview of the parts of the paper.|
|Selects relevant HealthIT Topic to discuss; provides rationale for selecting topic||30||17||Provides convincing rationale for topic selection|
|Convincing arguments of how topic will impact practice in a positive or negative manner citing pros and cons.||40||23||Convincing arguments of how topic impacts practice in a positive or negative manner; pros and cons are presented|
|Discussion of how informatics skills and knowledge were used in the process relevance to developing the assignment||30||17||Provides a discussion of how informatics skills and knowledge were used in the process to develop the assignment|
|Conclusion||20||11.4||Concluding statements summarize insights about the key elements of the paper gained during the assignment. Recommendations for the future are provided|
|APA Style||20||11.4||Text, title page, body of paper, summary and reference page(s) are completely consistent with APA format.|
|Citations||7||4||Ideas and information from sources are cited correctly. There are a minimum of three scholarly, current (5 years or less) references.|
|Writing Mechanics||8||4.5||Rules of grammar, spelling, word usage, and punctuation are consistent with formal written work,|
|Total||175||100%||A quality assignment will meet or exceed all of the above requirements.|
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more