Reflection Nur3655 Culture In Nursing Week 7
1. Text and Materials:
Andres, A.M. & Bolye, J.S. (2016). Transcultural Concepts in Nursing Care (7th ed.). ISBN 978-1-4511-9397-8
Publication Manual American Psychological Association (APA) (6th ed.). 2009 ISBN: 978-1-4338-0561-5
2. Course Description:
Throughout the use of the nursing process, this course provides culturally competent health care skills, including assessing and identifying cultural practices, values and beliefs that affect the nursing practice. The student will be introduced to the components of cultural competence and how to apply it.
3. Learning Outcomes:
· This course will enable the student to identify and apply components of the different cultures.
· The students will be able to determine the impact of culture on health care.
· Increase the student knowledge of the delivery of culturally competent care to individuals, families, groups, communities, and institutions (Ray, Marilyn, A., 2016).
4. Course Objectives:
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
· Identify how the different cultures and behavior manifestations and
cultural diversity may affect health and illness.
· Focuses on multicultural nursing, different approaches and methodology for nursing care throughout the life span of the patient.
· Articulate the concepts that explain culture diversity and their relevance for nursing practice.
· Examine cultural issues and trends in nursing practice.
· Analyze selected population group cultural patterns and behavioral manifestations of cultural values.
· Evaluate the socioeconomic impact of the client’s cultural needs upon levels of care: primary, secondary, and tertiary.
· Articulate theory, research methods, and advanced multiculturally sensitive nursing practice concepts.
· Formulate a model of care integrating culturally sensitive assessment, planning, intervention, and evaluation.
4. Course Requirements:
· See University Catalogue
5. Library Assignments:
· [At least two planned per term]
6. Field Trips or Guest Speaker: [N/A]
7. Course Outline:
|Theoretical Foundations of Transcultural Nursing||
Read Chapter 1
Discussion: Post and discuss
|Introduction and week 1 DQ’s (due Sun at 11:59 pm)
|Culturally Competent Nursing Care||Read Chapter Assignment 2 Read
Discussion: Post and discuss
ussion: Post and discuss
Cultural presentation: See assignment tab
|Cultural Competence in the Health History and Physical Examination||
Read Chapter 3 Read Discussion: Post and discuss
|Test for week 2 and week 3 *DQ’s and due Sun at 11:59 PM
Cultural Calendar due at 11:59 PM
You must proofread your paper. But do not strictly rely on your computer’s spell-checker and grammar-checker; failure to do so indicates a lack of effort on your part and you can expect your grade to suffer accordingly. Papers with numerous misspelled words and grammatical mistakes will be penalized. Read over your paper – in silence and then aloud – before handing it in and make corrections as necessary. Often it is advantageous to have a friend proofread your paper for obvious errors. Handwritten corrections are preferable to uncorrected mistakes.
Use a standard 10 to 12 point (10 to 12 characters per inch) typeface. Smaller or compressed type and papers with small margins or single-spacing are hard to read. It is better to let your essay run over the recommended number of pages than to try to compress it into fewer pages.
Likewise, large type, large margins, large indentations, triple-spacing, increased leading (space between lines), increased kerning (space between letters), and any other such attempts at “padding” to increase the length of a paper are unacceptable, wasteful of trees, and will not fool your professor.
The paper must be neatly formatted, double-spaced with a one-inch margin on the top, bottom, and sides of each page. When submitting hard copy, be sure to use white paper and print out using dark ink. If it is hard to read your essay, it will also be hard to follow your argument.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more