This is Part Two – Make sure to use the information from Part One – listed below in the Topic
Topic is: Policy Proposal in regards to Medication Errors increase in the Medical Surgery Department at Mercy Medical Center up 50% from 2015 (4) to 2016(8)
After reviewing your benchmark evaluation, senior leaders in the organization have asked you to draft a policy change proposal and practice guidelines addressing the benchmark metric for which you advocated action.
In their request, senior leaders have asked for a proposal of not more than 2–4 pages that includes a concise policy description (about one paragraph), practice guidelines, and 3–5 credible references to relevant research, case studies, or best practices that support your analysis and recommendations. You are also expected to be precise, professional, and persuasive in justifying the merit of your proposed actions.
When creating your policy and guidelines it may be helpful to utilize the template that your current care setting or organization uses. Your setting’s risk management or quality department could be a good resource for finding an appropriate template or format. If you are not currently in practice, or your care setting does not have these resources, there are numerous appropriate templates freely available on the Internet.
Proposal Requirements – Must answer all the below requirements
In your proposal, senior leaders have asked that you:
· Explain why a change in organizational policy or practice guidelines is needed to address a shortfall in meeting a performance benchmark prescribed by applicable local, state, or federal health care laws or policies.
. What is the current benchmark for the organization? What is the numeric score for the underperformance?
. How might the benchmark underperformance be affecting the quality of care being provided or the operations of the organization?
. What are the potential repercussions of not making any changes?
· Recommend ethical, evidence-based strategies to resolve the performance issue.
. What does the evidence-based literature suggest are potential strategies to improve performance for your targeted benchmark?
. How would these strategies ensure improved performance or compliance with applicable local, state, or federal health care laws or policies?
. How would you propose to apply these strategies in the context of your chosen professional practice setting?
. How would you ensure that the application of these strategies is ethical and culturally inclusive?
. Does your policy encompass the key components of your recommendations?
· Analyze the potential effects of environmental factors on your recommended strategies.
. What regulatory considerations could affect your recommended strategies?
. What organizational resources could affect your recommended strategies (for example, staffing, finances, logistics, and support services)?
. Are your policy and guidelines realistic in light of existing environmental factors?
· Propose a succinct policy and guidelines to enable a team, unit, or the organization as a whole to implement recommended strategies to resolve the performance issue related to the relevant local, state, or federal health care policy or law.
· Identify colleagues, individual stakeholders, or stakeholder groups who should be involved in further development and implementation of your proposed policy, guidelines, and recommended strategies.
. Why is it important to engage these colleagues, individual stakeholders, or stakeholder groups?
. Do your proposed guidelines help colleagues, individual stakeholders, or stakeholder groups understand how to implement your proposed policy?
. How might engaging these colleagues, individual stakeholders, or stakeholder groups result in a better organizational policy and smoother implementation?
. Are your proposal and recommended strategies realistic, given the care team, unit, or organization you are considering?
· Communicate your proposed policy, guidelines, and recommended strategies in a professional and persuasive manner.
. Write clearly and logically, using correct grammar, punctuation, and mechanics.
· Integrate relevant sources to support your arguments, correctly formatting source citations and references using current APA style
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more