Locate a peer-reviewed article about human services research, related to a topic that interests you, in the University Library.
Complete the checklist in Ch.1 (p. 10) of Practical Research Planning and Design.
CHECKLIST Reflective Questions to Consider When Evaluating Research
1. In what journal or other source did you find the research article?
Was it reviewed by experts in the field before it was published? That is, was the article in a juried (refereed) publication?
2. Does the article have a stated research question or problem? That is, can you determine the focus of the author’s work?
3. Does the article describe the collection of new data, or does it describe and synthesize previous studies in which data were collected?
4. Is the article logically organized and easy to follow? What could have been done to improve its organization and readability?
5. Does the article contain a section that describes and integrates previous studies on this topic? In what ways is this previous work relevant to the research problem?
6. If the author explained procedures that were followed in the study, are these procedures clear enough that you could repeat the work and get similar results? What additional information might be helpful or essential for you to replicate the study?
7. If data were collected, can you describe how they were collected and how they were analyzed? Do you agree with what was done? If you had been the researcher, what additional things might you have done?
8. Do you agree with the interpretation of the results? Why or why not?
9. Finally, reflect over the entire article. What is, for you, most important? What do you find most interesting? What do you think are the strengths and weaknesses of this article? Will you remember this article in the future? Why or why not?
ISBN: 0-558-65200-X Practical Research: Planning and Design, Ninth Edition, by Paul D. Leedy and Jeanne Ellis Ormrod. Published by
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more