The purpose of this assignment is to demonstrate the skills of the professional nurse as an educator. You are to prepare a patient scenario based on the required assigned topic. You will choose an already developed and reliable mHealth app to use in the education of your patient.
Based on your accepted Milestone 1 assignment, use the information to identify teaching areas to improve patient outcomes and ways to evaluate the success of the patient’s use of the mHealth app. You will include both the citations and references in APA format.
You will develop the Patient Education Technology Guide using Microsoft PowerPoint OR a Poster in Microsoft Office format. You must use either a PowerPoint presentation or the Poster template provided, depending on which option you choose. Only complete one assignment: PowerPoint or Poster.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following Course Outcomes.
- CO1: Describe patient-care technologies as appropriate to address the needs of a diverse patient population. (PO1)
- CO5: Identify patient care technologies, information systems, and communication devices that support safe nursing practice. (PO5)
The entire project is worth 600 points. Milestone 3 is worth 225 points of this total.
The Milestone 3 PowerPoint OR Poster assignment is due by Sunday at 11:59 pm MT, at the end of Week 6. Submit your completed assignment. You may consult the Policies section in the Introduction & Resources module for details regarding late assignments. Post questions about this assignment in the Course Q & A Forum.
Required Assignment Topic
Note: You will use the same scenario you developed and same mHealth app you identified in Week 2.
- Select a Microsoft PowerPoint OR a Poster presentation for this assignment. See the Guidelines below for each of the options.
- You are required to complete this assignment using the productivity tools required by Chamberlain University, which is Microsoft Office 2013 (or later version), or Windows and Office 2011 (or later version) for MAC. You must save the file in the “.pptx” format. A later version of the productivity tool includes Office 365, which is available to Chamberlain students for FREE by downloading from the student portal at http://my.chamberlain.edu (Links to an external site.)
PowerPoint Assignment Guidelines
- You are required to cite your source(s) as it relates to your application slide. Other citations are permitted, but this is not a requirement for the assignment.
- Title slide (first slide): Include a title slide with your name and the title of the presentation.
- Scenario Slide (one slide): This slide should include the approved patient scenario from Milestone 1 and 2. You will use the approved patient scenario and include a disease process, diagnosis, OR identify a patient with a desire to maintain good health and prevent illness and who would benefit from an already developed and reliable mHealth app. Include the nurse’s assessment of learning needs and readiness to learn.
- mHealth application slide (one slide): Identify a developed and reliable mHealth app that could benefit the patient. Describe the app, including the following.
- Name of app
- Purpose of app
- Intended audience
- Mobile device(s) upon which the app will operate
- Where to download or obtain it (include a working link if it is to be downloaded from a website)
- Any other information you believe would be pertinent to this situation
- Be sure to cite all sources you use.
- Teaching slide(s) (one to three slides): Prepare slides that contain important points about the app that you want to teach to the patient, such as how to use the app safely and effectively (including how to interpret and act on the information that is provided).
- Evaluation slide(s) (one to three slides): Describe how you would determine the success of the patient’s use of this app. For example, include ways to evaluate the effectiveness of the teaching plan that are a good fit for the type of app and focus on specific ways that this app benefits the patient’s health and wellness.
- References (last slide): List any references for sources that were used and cited in the presentation.
- Number of PowerPoint slides: 6-10 slides total
Writing and design: There should be no spelling or grammatical errors. Writing is concise and clear. Avoid words that the patient may not understand. Slides are visually appealing, incorporating graphics, photographs, colors, and themes.
Review the section on Academic Integrity Policy found in the RNBSN Policies. All work must be original (in your own words) unless properly cited.
Best Practices in Preparing PowerPoint Slideshows
- Be creative but realistic.
- Incorporate graphics, color, themes, or photographs to increase interest.
- Make each slide easy to read with short bullet points and large font. You may use speaker notes for full sentences.
- Review directions thoroughly.
- Cite all sources within the slides with (author, year), as well as on the reference slide.
- Proofread prior to final submission.
- Check for spelling and grammar errors prior to final submission.
- Abide by the Chamberlain academic integrity policy.
- Tutorial: For those not familiar with the development of a PowerPoint slideshow, the following link to the Microsoft website may be helpful. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/support/training-FX101782702.aspx. (Links to an external site.) The Chamberlain Student Success Strategies (SSPRNBSN) offers a module on Computer Literacy that contains a section on PowerPoint. SSPRNBSN is a course tile on your dashboard.
PLEASE USE THE INFORMATION BELOW TO PROVIDE TIPS FOR DOING THIS ASSIGNMENT PERFECT:
This is about the week six assignment Course, Project Milestone three. You can see that I have the Milestone three guidelines pulled up on the screen. You can find these guidelines by selecting week six, Healthcare Information Systems and then week six application, the practice. Week six assignment Course Project Milestone three. Continue to use the required as science help it for Milestone three, because each assign that builds off of the previous ones developed the entire course. We have been working all sessions and be ready to be comfortable providing this information in a poster, PowerPoint and sign that, make shirts. He has all the feedback that your instructor provided for you from both the Milestone one and the Milestone two assignment. You have an option for your assignment. For Milestone three, you can choose either a poster or a PowerPoint presentation. Only choose one. You can choose whatever you want. They’re about the same amount of points. You will not get more points by choosing one over the other. If you choose a PowerPoint, be shirts, you complete a PowerPoint assignment. And if you’re choosing a poster, make sure to use the template provided for you. And the week six Milestone three, assignment guidelines. I want your assignments have built off of your previous milestones. You should have some good feedback that will guide you and your milestone three assignment. At this point, everyone’s a sign that will look very differently. And we have worked on that content and weeks 23. Instead of providing you with examples, I will provide you with some tips for success. So for a PowerPoint assignment, remember to follow the guidelines closely. So for example, you’re required to cite any sources and then reference it a year and slide. Make sure to include your first slide should be a title slide. Slide will be a some air and sunlight. And the third would be the m-health applications live. Now as you look at the guidelines, this information should be familiar to you because we are building on the content that you used in milestone one. Milestone into the next section, we’ll be teaching slide and you’ll have 123 slides to complete this. Next, the evaluation slides, which will be 123 slides. And on your last slide or slides or your reference list. So the total number of PowerPoint slides will be between 610 slides. There’s some additional tips. Make sure that you created but be realistic. Incorporate graphics, colors, themes, birth, so your graphs to increase entrust, make each slide easy-to-read with short bullet points enlarge fine. You may speaker notes for full sentences. If me then, however, many students do not need the USA full sentences in the speaker notes. Review the directions thoroughly, make sure to say all the sources within the slides, as well as a full reference on your reference slide. Make sure to give credit to the pictures to prove prior to final submission and abide by the Chamberlain academic integrity policy. A good tip for a powered wheel presentation is to think about what if you were giving a presentation at the front of a room? What, what someone in the back of the room be able to clearly see. Instead, it’s back to our tips is make sure you’re not using full sentences. There’s no punctuation at the end of your bullet points and you’re adding, you can say spots. Remember today to the resources section of our course to review the PowerPoint slide show on your webinar for this topic. Now let’s discuss the poster. Is the template provided for this assignments. And again, you’re only going to choose one, either the PowerPoint or the poster. Remember to be creative but realistic. Incorporate graphics, colors, themes are fed your graphs increase interests. Make the poster easy to read with the short bullet points and your appropriate size font. Review you directions thoroughly, cite your sources, and then you add references. Make sure it secondly, all the sections and remove the red font color. And you’ll add an appropriate color fonts. And then your information for Milestone one, it’s you. You can also see areas. We’ll delete information like removing the red wording and then inserting a picture by deleting the generic picture and the right middle. Use appropriate pictures and creativity. Make sure to give credit to your sources including pictures. Now the reference area, and it needs to be at APA format is very small. On your poster. Most students will be able to get one or two references on the poster. You can also and all of your reference as if you need more space than the one or two that will fit on the poster on the speaker notes section. You see that in the bottom right that you can complete a full list of references, an APA formatting here. Because if you’re using more than one or two, it really won’t fit on the poster. So remember the poster is one page only. This concludes the Milestone three helpful hence video. I hope you found this recording to be beneficial.