The Self-Concept Paper Examine Who You Are and How You See
Yourself Your self-concept is the relatively stable set of perceptions that you hold of yourself. The selfconcept includes our conception of what is unique about us and what makes us both similar and different from others. To gain an understanding of how this theoretical concept applies to you, you will write an original 3-5 page paper that effectively answers the questions listed below. Read Chapter 2 closely (The Self-Concept Defined) before writing your paper, and use as many effective examples (from your own life experience) as possible:
1) Answer the question “Who are you?” by listing and discussing traits and characteristics that describe you. Consider the following: a) Physical characteristics, b) Social traits, c) Social roles, d) Defining interests, e) Talents you possess or lack thereof) Your belief systems
2) How does your self-esteem influence your self-concept?
3) How do significant others influence your self-concept?
4) How does culture influence your self-concept?
5) How does your self-concept influence your communication with others?
6) How might your self-concept influence your future communication and behavior?
A minimum of two authoritative sources are required, and must include each of the following:
1) An in-person interview that you conduct yourself to learn more about your early life experiences and the role others played in the development of your self-concept; the interviewee should be a family member, friend, or mentor who knew you well when you were younger (preferably, when you were a child)
2) An authoritative book or article (if you’re not sure if a source is authoritative, consult me). You can use our book as your authoritative book. Chapter Objectives After researching, writing and submitting the self-concept paper, you should be able to: 1) Describe the perception process and utilize self-monitoring skills to become effective communicators. 2) Define the major stages of perception.
3) Explain personality traits.
4) Explain how your self-esteem influences your self-concept.
5) Explain how significant others influence your self-concept.
6) Explain how culture influences your self-concept.
Course Objectives 1) Students will recognize and accommodate gender and cultural differences in communication settings and appreciate diverse communication styles.
2) Students will describe the perception process and utilize self-monitoring skills to become effective communicators.
Paper has a cover page, body and Works Cited Page Easy to follow and read /10 Strong introduction and conclusion included /10 No grammatical and spelling errors Reflects college level writing /10 Answered questions raised in the assignment with sufficient information and examples /30 Two reliable sources and intext citations used /15
Any citation style (APA, MLA, Chicago/Turabian, Harvard)
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.